Medical Fitness and Massage
Our Medical Fitness program offers safe and effective personalized fitness programs with one-on-one personal training by our highly trained and professional staff. We offer general lifestyle and weight management programs, as well as specialized wellness programs for cardiac patients, adolescents, seniors, spinal cord injury patients and those with Parkinson's disease. Our staff will keep you up-to-date with the latest nutritional and educational information that will benefit your workout routine and lifestyle.
$75.00 Joiner’s Package includes the following:
• An initial physiological assessment with goal setting
• An orientation to your program and equipment
• A three month follow-up to monitor progress
• A status note at follow-up visit will be sent to your physician upon request
$35 – Monthly membership
$30 – Monthly membership (employees only)
$40 – Personal training (per hour)
$25 – Personal training (per half hour)
Massage therapy has increased in popularity because of the many benefits it offers each individual. Research has proven that massage can greatly benefit one's overall health and well being. Massage therapy can strengthen and tone the entire body preventing unnecessary strains and injuries that could otherwise result in structural weakness. Massage can also calm the nervous system, thus reducing fatigue and replenishing energy. At its best, massage therapy has the ability to restore the individual physically, mentally and spiritually.
Therapeutic massage is offered in a clinical setting by our professionally trained and licensed staff. Treatments are tailored to your individual needs. Massage therapy is known to relieve stress, promote and improve circulation and facilitate muscle relaxation by relieving muscular tightness.
Florida Hospital offers seven different types of massage:
- Neuromuscular: Deep massage dealing with specific areas of the body
- Deep Tissue: Loosens tension between the layers of connective tissue
- Trigger Point: Aggressive massage that releases tension of trigger points on muscles
- Myofascial Release: Prolonged stretch of a specific muscle group
- Relaxation: Therapeutic massage that helps to relieve stress and anxiety
- Reflexology: Targets hands and feet to help release stress over different regions of the body
- Mommy Massage: During a normal, healthy pregnancy (after the first trimester), massage can be very beneficial in promoting relaxation, soothing nerves, and relieving strained back and leg muscles. Massage not only relaxes the "Mommy" but also instills a feeling of well-being to the unborn child. During the "Mommy Massage" we will meet any special needs to ensure individual comfort
- Pediatric Massge (Orlando location only): Please refer to the Pediatric Rehabilitation page for more information
Do your employees need a pick me up? Give the gift of relaxation with chair massages! It's the perfect way to say thank you.
Medical Fitness Program at the Crosby Wellness Center (YMCA)
2005 Mizell Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32792