As your child grows, the range of "normal" is quite wide as each child develops at a different rate. Occasionally, a child may exhibit signs of a learning or physical disability resulting from injury, illness or congenital causes. Our team of pediatric therapists focuses on the unique needs of each child, empowering parents with skills and strategies necessary to ensure success. Therapy sessions are tailored to be fun and functional, promoting carryover into the home, school and community.
Children with the following characteristics may benefit from therapy services:
- Developmental delay
- Orthopedic injury
- Neurological impairments
- Respiratory compromise
- Coordination and motor planning difficulties
- Sensory integration difficulty
- Speech difficulties
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties
- Academic difficulties
Specialty Evaluations and Treatments include:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Articulation deficits
- Cognitive and language deficits
- Sensory integration difficulties
- Oral-motor, feeding and swallowing disorders
- Seating and equipment assessments
- Upper and lower extremity orthotic evaluation and fabrication
- Evaluation and treatment of handwriting
- Parent education
We offer the following services for a variety of diagnoses:
- Occupational Therapy: specializes in the evaluation and treatment of infants and children with developmental, sensory, or physical disabilities.
- Physical Therapy: specializes in evaluation and treatment of patients with disabilities or injuries to restore mobility and assist in preventative care.
- Speech Therapy: evaluates and treats patients with difficulties involving feeding/swallowing, oral-motor skills, language, speech, cognition and memory
- Audiology: specialized in the evaluation of infants and children to diagnose hearing loss and auditory processing disorders. Provides intervention, counseling and/or treatment for these diagnoses.
- Therapeutic Massage: pediatric massage can be very beneficial for children with varied physical, developmental, and mental challenges. Benefits of pediatric massage include (but are not limited to) increased circulation, stimulation of organs and body systems by reflex stimulation in the skin and subcutaneous tissue, may reduce hypersensitivity, may contribute to general growth and development, and may improve communication and sleeping patterns.
Swallowing and Feeding Clinic
Infants who are diagnosed with feeding and swallowing difficulties can receive treatment at our Celebration, East Orlando and Orlando locations. If your infant has exhibited symptomatic behavior such as frequent coughing, choking, gagging or spitting up; food or liquid falling out of the mouth and eating small amounts at a time, we can help.
Pediatric Therapeutic Massage
Pediatric massage is provided by certified pediatric massage therapists to complement the therapy your child is currently receiving, but may also help with conditions not currently being treated. Pediatric therapeutic massage can be very beneficial for children with varied physical, developmental, and mental challenges. Benefits of pediatric massage include, but are not limited to increased circulation, stimulation of organs and body systems by reflex stimulation in the skin and subcutaneous tissue, may reduce hypersensitivity, may contribute to general growth and development, and can improve communication and sleeping patterns. There are two options available.
- Massage Classes for parents: classes are held in small group settings for parents who wish to learn massage techniques for their child.
- Infant Massage Class: for parents with infants ages three weeks to 11 months old. This class is 45 minutes.
- Toddler Massage Class: for parents with children ages one to three years old. This class is 45 minutes.
- One-on-One Massage: A licensed and skilled massage therapist specially trained to treat children will provide tactile intervention which will produce therapeutic benefits for your child. Sessions are tailored to the condition as well as the needs of your child.
Children with the following conditions may benefit from pediatric massage (other conditions may benefit as well):
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Autism spectrum disorder/PDD
- Congenital malformations
- Visual impairments
- Brachial Plexus injury
- Cystic Fibrosis
Mondays: Lana, LMT
Infant Massage Class: 10:00 am*
Toddler Massage Class: 11:00 am*
Fridays: Luz, LMT
Infant Massage Class: 1:00 pm*
Toddler Massage Class: 2:00 pm*
*Subject to change.
$100.00 for a package of four (4) group classes (minimum of 3 patients to provide the class)
$65.00 for an hour one-on-one session
$40.00 for a half hour session (group and one-on-one massages are self pay)
One-on-One Massages are by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call (407) 303-1575.
615 East Princeton Street, Suite 104
Orlando, FL 32803